Young Engineers Presented their Reports at ONHP Conference
Mr. Vyacheslav SINYUGIN, First Deputy of the Chairman of the Government of Omsk Region, and Mr. Igor M. ZUGA, Member of the Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation declared salutatory speech to the conference participants.
- Omsk region provides profound engineering education; however there is still room for improvement. When participating in such conferences, you are contributing significantly to generating and shaping of new corps of Engineers in contemporary Russia. The knowledge gained will open new horizons for Young Professionals career growth. Therefore, I wish you to demonstrate your knowledge and what is especially important to apply your knowledge in the right way. You are the driving force which moves engineering forward, proclaimed the first vice-governor.
Mr. Vyacheslav SINYUGIN highlighted as well that Omsk Region has all chances to become Russia’s Engineering Center. Today the Regional Government supported by the Council of the Federation is developing a Law draft tentatively entitled “On Engineering in the Russian Federation”. Mr. Igor M. ZUGA, Senator of Omsk Region in his opening speech proclaimed that the legislation should be passed in 2014.
- It is strategically important for Omsk Region (sometimes called as “Priirtyshye”) to pass this law as far as this region possesses considerable engineering resource, which is the basis for any endeavors, specified the Member of Parliament. Nowadays, engineering sector is the core one for seven out of ten leading global economies, namely throughout the Republic of Korea, Japan, France and others. This powerful tool boosts business efficiency by rendering intelligent services of design and engineering, computational, analytical and industrial nature. All of you, Young Professionals, are the future of Russian engineering.
Conference participants’ geography is expanding drastically. Reports were announced by Young Professionals and Representatives of as follows:
- OMSKNEFTEKHIMPROEKT JSC (ONHP), (Omsk);
- Lengiproneftekhim LLC (St. Petersburg);
- NPK Izotermik, OOO (Moscow);
- Angarsknetekhimproekt JSC (Angarsk);
- JSC Transsibneft (Omsk);
- Research and Production Association “MIR” (Omsk);
- Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas (Republic of Kazakhstan);
- Siberian State Automobile and Highway Academy (SibADI) (Omsk);
- Omsk State Transport University (Omsk).
Twenty-six participants presented their reports in the sections as follows: “Capital and Operating Costs Optimization”, “Engineering and Technical Solutions for the Design of Oil & Gas Processing and Petrochemical Facilities”. Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas representatives webcasted their recent developments. Ms. Aigul BUKANOVA, “Chemistry and chemical engineering” Chairholder, Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas professor, Cand. Sc. (similar to Ph.D. in Engineering) highlighted the importance of cooperation between Atyrau Institute and ONHP.
- It is the second year already when Atyrau students undergo on-the-job-training in ONHP. Due to gained experience, three students have been already hired by Atyrau Oil Refinery. This year Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas representatives are participating in ONHP Science & Engineering Technology Conference for the first time. Such events promote the development and strengthen cooperation between the states in education sector.
Based on the results of the conference, the following Young Professionals reports were acknowledged to be the best:
1st Prize Report – “Calculation and Generation of Pressure Fields for Transition Processes in Order to Cut Maintenance Costs”. The author is Mr. David UNGER, Lead Process Engineer of Senior Process Manager Department, JSC Transsibneft;
2nd Prize Report – “Alternative Approach to Reducing Benzene Content in Commercial Gasoline”. The author is Ms. Anastasiya LUKONINA, Cat 2. Design Engineer, Angarsknetekhimproekt JSC;
3rd Prize Report – “Simulation of Catalytic Reforming Unit Reactor Package Including Catalyst Deterioration”.
The author is Ms. Irina SILYAVINA, Piping Arrangement and Process Department Engineer, OMSKNEFTEKHIMPROEKT JSC.